Inventory Unit Detail
2011 Yamaha Apex SE
2011 Yamaha Apex SE
Check-out our entire line of four-stroke, performance snowmobiles. Unmatched for quality, reliability and fuel-efficiency.
New! Top Performance 4-stroke. Top quality trail-cruising setup. Track: 15” X 128” X 1.25”
The high tech Apex SE is the first trail sled with all-air suspensions, EPS and performance-enhancing exup technologies!
- Top Performance: 4-cylinder Genesis 4-Stroke engine The physical casting of the engine remains the same, but the valve timing, intake and exhaust tracts, airbox and exhaust pipes are all recalibrated for optimum midrange torque output as well as an overall top end gain.
- Airbox/intake: The Intake tracts on the new Apex SE have been lengthened by 11mm, as compared to the previous model. The engine utilizes the pressure waves in the longer intake tubes and in the airbox to boost airflow and maximize high RPM performance.
- Injector: The distance between the throttle valve and intake valve has been redesigned for optimum fuel delivery. In addition, the 4-hole injector on the throttle body creates a spray of finely atomized fuel, with droplets of just tenths of a micron in size. The spray is aimed directly at the intake valve skirt for maximum efficiency and performance. The result? Simply unmatched throttle response.
- EXUP and new exhaust pipe: Yamaha-exclusive EXUP valve technology controls the exhaust pressure waves for optimum intake and exhaust efficiency, delivering unmatched overall performance with more midrange torque. Additionally, the exhaust pipes have been enlarged to 38mm from 35mm for added exhaust pressure wave efficiency.
- 15 x 128 x 1.25” Ripsaw track: The new 128-inch track length is longer to harness the new Apex's huge midrange torque for great acceleration. The track has an open design to accept extrovert drivers.
- Engine Braking Reduction System: The new Top Performance Genesis 4-Stroke engine features the unique Engine Braking Reduction System. The system allows a small amount of air to pass through the fuel injection system when the throttle is released, giving riders more of a “coast” feeling.
- Electric Power Steering: Industry-first electric power steering system is velocity sensitive, delivering maximum assist up to 35 mph, and gradually tapering off from there. You'll love the EPS system because it helps isolate the rider from uncomfortable trail feedback, eases the effort required to move the bars, and provides excellent handling and predictability.
- Ski: New skis have great cornering agility and work in tandem with the EPS to significantly reduce hunting and darting.
- New geometry: The new 15mm trail offset on the ski mount helps minimize inside ski lift due to centrifugal force during turns. And, by optimizing the amount of resistance from the snow surface that's applied to the rear end of the ski, including forces from bumps and ruts, this offset helps the new Apex SE achieve its amazingly smooth handling, including its excellent straight line performance.
- Rigid steering gate: The new steering gate has a rigid single-piece construction designed to handle the additional forces exerted by the new EPS system. The gate is made using Yamaha's exclusive lightweight, yet rugged CF diecast manufacturing process.
- Hooked handlebars: To match the tall and forward position, a single-piece, dual-hooked handlebar is standard fare on the Apex SE. The hooks have the same grip material as the main bar section, for consistent control, regardless of hand position on the grip.
- Short exhaust system: The new Apex SE has a very short, compact exhaust layout. This helps keep the sled's mass centralized, which results in excellent handling. Another benefit of the short exhaust design is that the tunnel no longer needs to have a cast reinforcement piece to hold the muffler.
- Mono Shock II Air: The Mono Shock II Air rear suspension uses a single Mega FLOAT shock to control the travel of the skid. The shock is preload adjustable via a small hand air pump. Along with these features, the Mono Shock II Air rear suspension includes 13 changes from the original Mono Shock RA rear suspension such as a larger rear axel, a track adjuster, stronger rails, needle bearings in the lower front arm, and more.
- New seat: The Apex SE's new seat raises the rider's hips approximately 2 inches for all-day trail riding comfort. The new seat has a roomy storage trunk at the rear. It's large enough to hold a couple water bottles, spare gloves, a fleece shirt….and an Xtremely Practical tow strap!
- FLOAT Mega: The Fox Mega FLOAT shock mounted on the rear has a design very similar to the front shocks. The Mega FLOAT shock has more than twice the air volume of the front shocks, which combats heat accumulation. Like the FLOAT 2 shocks, the Mega FLOAT has a negative spring design to make the start of the shock's stroke smooth (less “stiction”) for a very compliant ride.
- FLOAT2 front shocks: Fox FLOAT 2 shocks use an air spring designed to force the piston to rebound. This eliminates the need for steel coil springs. They cut three pounds off the sled's overall weight, as compared to traditional coil over springs. They are individually tunable by using a pocket-sized air pump, which comes with the sled, so consumers will be able to set the front suspension up to their liking.
- Concentrated hand warmers: These hand warmers have a concentrated element design, which focuses the heat in the middle of the grip material. The result is a warm grip for your hand's most comfortable riding position. In addition, an insulator is placed between the heating element and handlebar to retain heat longer and more efficiently than previous designs.
- New windshield: The new windshield and side deflector design, developed using computer modeling, provides maximum wind protection with minimum aerodynamic drag and swirl-in.
- Dual DC outlets: The Apex SE offers two styles of DC outlets. It comes with a standard automotive-style outlet for cell phones, GPS or other electronics accessories. And it also comes standard with an RCA-style plug near the left hand grip to power up heated helmet visors or other small-plug accessories.
- Type/Displacement/cc: Four-stroke, 998cc
- Cylinders: Four
- Cooling: Liquid
- Bore & Stroke / mm: 74.0 X 58.0
- Intake Design: 3 Valves
- Ignition: Digital TCI w/throttle position sensor
- Fuel Delivery: 39 mm fuel injection
- Exhaust: 2 valves, rear exhaust (Ti) with EXUP
- Clutch / Transmission: YVXC, variable ratio, magnesium chaincase & cover, reverse
- Disc. Brake Type: 4-piston hydraulic aluminum caliper w/lightweight ventilated disc, mechanical parking brake, adjust lever
- Front Suspension: Independent, double wishbone
- Front Shocks: Fox® FLOAT™ 2
- Front Travel / in.: 9 in
- Ski Type: Lightweight plastic, saddleless design
- Carbide Ski Runners: Standard
- Standard: Standard
- Rear Suspension: Mono Shock® II RA 128
- Rear Shocks: Fox® MEGA-FLOAT™
- Rear Travel / in.: 11.6 in
- Track Type: Camoplast® Rip Saw™
- Overall Length: 111.6 in.
- Overall Height: 47.6 in.
- Track/Width x Length x Height: 15 in. X 128 in. X 1.25 in.
- Ski Stance (ctr. to ctr.): 42.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 9.2 gal.
- Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Oil Capacity / Qts.: 3, Dry Sump
- Engine Oil Type: Yamalube 4, 0w-30, Cold Weather Formula
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Standard
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Standard, 9 position adjustable, independent control
- Windshield Height: Medium
- Mirrors: Optional
- Seating Capacity: One
- Tunnel Protectors: Standard
- Headlight Watts, Type: 60/55W Halogen X 2
- High Beam Indicator: Standard
- Oil & Temp Light: Standard
- Fuel Gauge Type: Electric (LCD), low fuel warning light
- Speedometer: Standard (LCD digital)
- Odometer: Standard (large LCD display)
- Tripmeter: Standard, dual (large LCD display)
- Tachometer: Standard, backlit (LCD)
- DC Outlet: Automotive & RCA
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- Bore x Stroke
- 74.0 X 58.0
- Engine Cooling
- 39 mm fuel injection
- Digital TCI w/throttle position sensor
- 2 valves, rear exhaust (Ti) with EXUP
- Brake Type
- 4-piston hydraulic aluminum caliper w/lightweight ventilated disc
- Front Suspension
- Independent, double wishbone
- Front Travel
- 9 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Mono Shock® II RA 128
- Rear Travel
- 11.6 in.
- Ski Type
- Lightweight plastic, saddleless design
- Ski Stance
- 42.7 in.
- Track Type
- Camoplast® Rip Saw™
- Track Dimensions
- 15 in X 128 in X 1.25 in
- Standard (LCD digital)
- Standard, backlit (LCD)
- Standard (large LCD display)
- Fuel Capacity
- 9.2 gal.
- Yamaha Black/Chrome, Yamaha Blue/White
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Standard, 9 position adjustable, independent control