Inventory Unit Detail
2013 Kawasaki Versys®
If versatility were a sport, the Kawasaki Versys® sportbike would be its champion. Gifted with calm manners and a comfortable riding position while commuting, a serious sporty attitude while carving in the canyons and the ability to urge you farther during a backroads tour, the Versys is a fitting companion for just about any adventure. It accomplishes it all thanks to superb engineering and a compact and efficient 649cc parallel-twin engine.
• Amazingly versatile motorcycle is exceptionally comfortable to ride in a variety of situations, from commuting, to backroads, touring and even track days
• 649cc parallel twin with digital fuel injection (DFI®) provides smooth, responsive power
• Long-travel fork delivers excellent performance over a wide range of situations
• Adjustable single-shock rear suspension offers progressive damping as suspension load increases
• 3-way adjustable windscreen allows customizable wind protection
• Aluminum swingarm and 17-inch cast aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for better ride quality
• Under-engine exhaust promotes better weight centralization
• Aggressive styling gives the Versys a distinctive look
649cc DOHC Parallel Twin-cylinder Engine
• The most compact engine in its category helps reduce the dimensions of the entire motorcycle
• Triangular crank and transmission shaft layout keeps it short front to back
• A semi-dry sump oil system reduces overall engine height
• The narrow, chrome composite-plated aluminum cylinders help reduce engine width
• Tuned to deliver smooth, responsive power in the low to mid-rpm range for exceptional roll-on response – ideal for negotiating city traffic, tight backroads and anything in between
• A 180-degree crankshaft and a balancer shaft produce a remarkably smooth engine
• Oil jets on the connecting rod ends spray oil on the undersides of the pistons to aid cooling
• An under-engine muffler with 3-way catalyzer aids mass centralization for light handling and great looks
• Engine temperatures stay consistent for long engine life and sustained power in tough conditions
• Closer engine tolerances mean more horsepower
• Coolant routed through the engine cases reduces the number of external hoses
Digital Fuel Injection (DFI®)
• A pair of 38mm Keihin throttle bodies with ECU-controlled sub-throttle valves mean optimum performance and rideability
• Sub-throttles, located behind the main throttle valves, give the Versys precise throttle response and great feel as well
• An automatic fast idle system makes starting and warm-up easy, even on cold days
• Precise fuel injection provides great fuel mileage, and the 3-way catalyzer significantly reduces emissions
• Versys’ racing-style cassette transmission uses a compact layout that’s easily removable as a single unit from the engine cases for much easier gearbox maintenance
Slender Trellis Frame
• The Versys’ exotic-looking trellis frame is small, light and narrow at the knees and pegs for excellent comfort and control
• 3D computer analysis in the design process achieved optimum stiffness balance for superior ride and handling
Single Shock Rear Suspension
• A distinctive aluminum gull-wing swingarm controlled by a lay-down single shock complements the distinctive frame design, with an integrated line flowing from steering head to rear hub
• The short, compact frame and engine design allow the swingarm to be longer, which improves overall handling
• The Showa shock has adjustable preload and rebound damping, and uses a free piston and two-stage damping valves for smooth action during initial compression that becomes firmer near the end of the stroke for a more planted feel
Adjustable Long-travel Front Fork
• A long-travel 41mm inverted fork delivers excellent performance over a wide range of conditions
• Tapered, relatively short outer tubes help provide the ideal stiffness balance to complement frame stiffness and chassis settings
• Fork height, spring preload and rebound damping can be adjusted to fine-tune the suspension to specific conditions, riding styles and loads
Petal-style Brake Discs
• Dual 300mm petal-style discs with two-piston calipers in front and a single 220mm petal disc with a single-piston caliper in back provide plenty of stopping power
• Same rotor design as found on the Ninja® supersport machines; petal design rotors offer improved cooling and warp resistance compared to traditional discs
• Like the ones you’ll find on the Ninja ZX™-6R and ZX-10R, these six-spoke wheels use less material between spokes so rim thickness is reduced along with overall wheel weight
• Lighter wheels increase overall performance – suspension, handling, acceleration/deceleration and initial turn-in
Very Comfortable Ergonomics
• Each section of the two-piece seat was designed with a different thickness and firmness of foam to optimize comfort for both rider and passenger
• The passenger seat and grab bars were designed to provide a natural seating position for added comfort
• An easy-to-read instrument panel has a large analog tachometer and digital readout for the speedometer, fuel gauge, odometer, dual trip meters and clock. White LED backlighting provides increased visibility at night
• Passenger grab rails, seat cover material, and a comfortable seating position make the Versys fun for passengers
• Rubber bushings at the rear engine mounts and hollow rubber-covered footpegs result in reduced engine vibration and a more comfortable ride
• The fairing, stacked dual headlight, front fender and mirrors, and a Z1000-style LED tail light give the Versys a distinctly bold and high-tech appearance
• The windscreen provides a large still-air pocket for comfort, and its three-position adjustability makes it adaptable to fit a variety of riders and climates
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder parallel twin
- Displacement: 649cc
- Bore x Stroke: 83.0 x 60.0 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.6:1
- Cooling System: Liquid
- Fuel System: Digital fuel injection with two 38mm Keihin throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with electronic advance
- Transmission: Six-Speed
- Final Drive: O-Ring Chain
- Frame Type: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
- Rake/Trail: 25 degrees/4.3 in.
- Wheelbase: 55.7
- Front Tire Size: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire Size: 160/60-17
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork with stepless adjustable rebound and preload / 5.9 in.
- Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: Single offset laydown shock with 13-position adjustable rebound damping and adjustable spring preload / 5.7 in.
- Front Brakes: Dual 300mm petal discs with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes: Single 220mm petal disc with single-piston caliper
- Fuel Capacity: 5.0 gal.
- Seat Height: 33.3 in.
- Curb Weight: 454.2 lbs.
- Overall Length: 83.7 in.
- Overall Width: 33.1 in.
- Overall Height: 52.4 in.
- Color Choices: Metallic Stardust White, Candy Thunder Blue / Metallic Spark Black
- Warranty: 12 months
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months plans are available
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, DOHC, four valves per cylinder parallel twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 83.0 x 60.0 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Digital fuel injection with two 38mm Keihin throttle bodies
- TCBI with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork with stepless adjustable rebound and preload / 5.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single offset laydown shock with 13-position adjustable rebound damping and adjustable spring preload / 5.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 300mm petal discs with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single 220mm petal disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.7 in.
- Seat Height
- 33.3 in.
- 25 deg.
- 4.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.0 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 454.2 lb.
- Final Drive
- O-Ring Chain
- Metallic Stardust White, Candy Thunder Blue / Metallic Spark Black
- 12 months