Inventory Unit Detail
2013 Yamaha FX Nytro RTX
2013 Yamaha FX Nytro RTX
CNY Power Sports
FX Nytro RTX
High performance rough trail shredder.
- NEW! Tuner Dual-Keel ski: The all-new Tuner dual-keel ski greatly contributes to the FX Nytro RTX’s polite, yet aggressive trail character. The dual keels keep the ski tracking straight and true down the trail. Eliminating nosiness and darting. Each keel has its own wearbar, and Yamaha has four different bar configurations to choose from, which means you can tune your sled's cornering bite and steering effort to suit your personal preference.
- FXG2 front suspension geometry: The FX Nytro RTX features the acclaimed FXG2 front suspension with more trail and relaxed caster for crisp steering response and confidence-inspiring, flat handling in the corners and through the rough trail.
- Lightweight tunnel: The FX Nytro RTX features a lightweight tunnel design. With the runningboards tipped up at an aggressive 11-degree angle, the FX Nytro RTX delivers big ground clearance for rough trail capability. The new design also features large snow evacuation and boot gripper punch outs. The lightweight tunnel was developed on the Pro Open snocross race sled.
- FX™ chassis with sport rider-forward position: The compact design puts the engine down low and back in the chassis, leaving the top of the cab open for airflow. This gives the FX Nytro RTX a very centralized mass. The FX Nytro RTX’s sport rider-forward ergonomic design puts the rider in an aggressive, yet comfortable, forward posture.
- Over-the-engine steering: The snocross-proven over-the-engine steering configuration gives the rider excellent posture on the sled. It also allows the engine to be tucked deep into the chassis for optimum balance and mass centralization.
- Tall, hooked bars: To match the tall and forward position, a single-piece, dual-hooked handlebar is standard fare on the FX Nytro RTX. The hooks have the same grip material as the main bar section, for consistent control, regardless of hand position on the grip.
- Composite upper skeleton: The headlight assembly and upper portion of the FX Nytro RTX is supported by a super-lightweight composite framework. By using a rugged, high tech composite material as the structure for the top portion of the sled, Yamaha engineers were able to keep the mass centered low and deep in the chassis.
- Dual Shock® Pro 46 rear suspension: The race-proven Dual Shock Pro 46 rear suspension is the culmination of four years of development, testing, racing and redevelopment to produce the ultimate big bump rear suspension. Built with competition spec reinforced arms and rails, the Dual Shock Pro 46 will be tough enough to handle extreme rough trail conditions. The new FX Nytro RTX’s rear suspension is also kitted with an exclusive new three-way clicker shock on the rear arm and a two-way clicker shock on the front arm for ultimate adjustability.
- 3-way clicker rear shock: The FX Nytro RTX features an industry-leading 46mm, 3-way clicker shock on the rear arm of its skid. Tuners will be able to adjust high speed and low speed compression damping plus the rebound rate is fully adjustable. This trick lightweight shock is rebuildable for additional tuning and for years of dependable service.
- Fox® FLOAT X™ front shocks: The new lightweight Fox® FLOAT® X shocks are packed with high tech features. They have a high rate negative spring, which allows the shock to run high air pressures in the main chamber for excellent roll control without compromising ride height, small bump compliance or traction. They use a remote reservoir design to maintain cool operating temperatures, which delivers great fade resistance on extremely rough trails. Fox® FLOAT™ X shocks also feature dual compression and rebound damping clickers.
- Wheels with removable bearings: Replaceable bearing wheels makes maintenance easy and cheap, while the 6 spoke design adds to the visual appeal of the already super cool looking FX Nytro RTX. This design is implemented on all rear wheels.
- Sculpted narrow seat: The FX Nytro RTX has a narrow seat for added comfort. In addition to putting the rider in a tall, forward, attack posture, the seat’s height makes it plush and comfortable for a full day of riding. The narrow seat sits atop the beveled tunnel, which allows the track to be a traditional 15 inches wide, to maximize traction.
- NEW! Dual controls for Concentrated hand warmers: The FX Nytro RTX has new dual controls to let you adjust the warmer levels for your hands on the left side and the thumb on your right. These hand warmers have a concentrated element design, which focuses the heat in the middle of the grip material. The result is a warm grip for your hand’s most comfortable riding position. In addition, an insulator is placed between the heating element and handlebar to retain heat longer and more efficiently than previous designs.
- Standard electric start: Yamaha’s electric starter system allows consumers to fire up their FX Nytro RTX with the turn of a key. There is no pulling on a nylon cord to get this high-tech engine growling! Electric start is a standard feature on all of Yamaha’s 4-stroke machines.
- Digital gauge: The digital gauge displays key information at a glance. Vehicle speed is displayed on a large LCD readout. In addition, the rider can select tachometer, odometer or tripmeter data to appear on the secondary readout. The gauge also displays system warning lights, fuel level, and warmer intensity.
- Standard mechanical reverse: The FX Nytro RTX’s simple reverse system allows riders to back out of tight spaces hassle-free. It’s engaged with the lever located on the right shroud. Just pull out the lever and slide it to the right for quick and easy use.
- Quick-release, single-piece hood/console shroud: The FX Nytro RTX has a single-piece hood and console shroud. The design allows owners to open and close the top portion of the sled easily with Dzus® quick-connect fasteners.
- New graphic packages: The FX Nytro RTX comes in two graphic packages; Yamaha Blue as well as black/charcoal. These awesome designs produce one of the best looking sleds on the snow.
- Type / Displacement / cc: 4-stroke / 1049cc
- Cylinders: Three
- Cooling: Liquid
- Bore & Stroke / mm: 82.0 x 66.2
- Intake Design: 2 valves
- Ignition: Digital T.C.I. w/throttle position sensor
- Fuel Delivery: 3 x 41mm fuel injection
- Exhaust: 2 valves, rear exhaust
- Clutch / Transmission: YVXC, variable ratio
- Disc. Brake Type: 4 piston hydraulic with lightweight ventilated disc
- Front Suspension: FXG2
- Front Shocks: Fox® FLOAT® X dual-clicker
- Front Travel / in.: 8.5 in
- Ski Type: Tuner Dual-Keel ski
- Carbide Ski Runners: Standard
- Stabilizer Bar: Standard
- Rear Suspension: Dual Shock® Pro 46
- Rear Shocks: C40 R16 aluminum HPG w/ dual clickers / C46 R16 aluminum HPG w/ 3-way clickers
- Rear Travel / in.: 14.5 in
- Track Type: Camoplast® Rip Saw™ II
- Overall Length / in.: 110.4 in
- Overall Height / in.: 44.8 in
- Track/Width x Length x Height / in.: 15 in X 121 in X 1.25 in
- Ski Stance (ctr. to ctr.) in.: 41.3 in
- Fuel Capacity / Gal.: 7.3 gal
- Fuel Type: Regular unleaded
- Oil Capacity / Qts.: 3, dry sump
- Engine Oil Type: Yamalube 4, 0w-30, Cold Weather Formula
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Standard
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Standard
- Windshield Height: Low
- Mirrors: Optional
- Seating Capacity: One
- Tunnel Protectors: Standard
- Headlight Watts, Type: 60/55W Halogen x 2
- High Beam Indicator: Standard
- Oil & Temp Light: Standard
- Fuel Gauge Type: Electric (LCD), low fuel warning light
- Speedometer: Standard (LCD, digital)
- Odometer: Standard (large LCD display)
- Tripmeter: Standard, backlit (LCD)
- Tachometer: Standard, backlit (LCD)
- DC Outlet: Optional
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- High Performance 4-stroke engine: The over-achieving High Performance engine is the heart of our lightweight, high performance and aggressive FX Nytro model family. It dominated its class at the American Snowmobiler Shoot-Out in New York for 3 years straight, claiming top speed and posting the best average ET over 4 runs down the ¼-mile track.
- Advanced fuel injection: The High Performance engine uses Yamaha’s advanced fuel injection system to control fuel flow to the engine. Consumers will enjoy the engine’s spot-on performance and throttle response as a result of the advanced electronic fuel injection system.
- Engine braking reduction system: The High Performance engine features the unique Engine Braking Reduction System. The system allows a small amount of air to pass through the fuel injection system when the throttle is released, giving riders a “coast” feeling.
- Lightweight rear-exiting exhaust: The patented rear exit design serves many performance-enhancing functions on the FX Nytro RTX. First, it maximizes horsepower by using a straight exhaust pipe design. Second, it reduces the amount of under-hood heat produced. Third, the rear-exiting design distributes weight to contribute to the excellent balance of the sled.
- Forced air radiator ducting: The FX Nytro RTX’s airflow design pulls fresh air in from around the headlight and forces it through the radiator fins for high cooling capacity, resulting in consistent engine performance even in low-snow conditions.
- New 15 x 121 x 1.25-inch Camoplast® Rip Saw™ II track: The Camoplast® Ripsaw II™ has been designed to offer increased lateral slide, allowing the FX Nytro RTX to set up for the corner better while scrubbing off energy to keep both skis on the ground. The result is improved handling without the loss of straight line traction.
- New single-piece extrovert drive sprockets: Churning the track is a pair of factory-engineered single piece extrovert drive sprockets. The engineering team purpose-built these sprockets to work with the Ripsaw™ II track to further reduce noise and vibration.
- Engine Type
- 1049 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 82.0 x 66.2 mm
- Engine Cooling
- 3 x 41mm fuel injection
- Digital T.C.I. w/throttle position sensor
- 2 valves, rear exhaust
- Brake Type
- 4 piston hydraulic with lightweight ventilated disc
- Drive Clutch
- YVXC, variable ratio
- Front Suspension
- Front Travel
- 8.5 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Dual Shock® Pro 46
- Rear Travel
- 14.5 in.
- Ski Type
- Tuner Dual-Keel ski
- Ski Stance
- 41.3 in.
- Track Type
- Camoplast® Rip Saw™ II
- Track Dimensions
- 15 in. x 121 in. x 1.25 in.
- Standard: LCD digital
- Standard: Backlit LCD
- Standard: Large LCD display
- 60/55W Halogen x 2
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.3 gal.
- Yamaha Blue & White, Yamaha Black & Charcoal
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers