Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2016 SXS 1
Full Soft Cab
Glass Windshield W/ Windshield Wiper
Innovations And Features That Match Your Needs
Americans appreciate versatility. Give us a multi-tool and a little baling wire, and we can fix just about anything. That’s the spirit behind Honda’s Pioneer 700-4, the most versatile side-by-side on the planet. It’ll take you just about anywhere a side-by-side can go—along with one, two or three other passengers or a bed full of cargo. You’re going to find it makes life and work a whole lot easier—and more fun.
Best of all, the Pioneer 700-4 is probably the best-built side-by-side anywhere, and that’s a real asset when you’ve got others depending on you to get where you’re going and back again in safety and comfort. Equipped with a dual-rate suspension spring it’s designed to give you a smooth ride while still providing plenty of travel and superior load-carrying capacity.
Seating for 2, 3 or 4: The Pioneer 700-4 features a convertible rear seating design that offers the convenience and versatility of switching between two, three, or four person seating configurations, and provides full bed space and tilt function while in the two-person configuration.
Honda Automatic Transmission: The Honda Automatic with its automotive-style torque converter is not only tough, it’s smart, too. A two-stage shift map optimizes power through the engine RPM range.
675cc Liquid-Cooled Engine: The Pioneer 700-4’s torque, powerful liquid-cooled single-cylinder 675cc engine features an intake design that helps minimize dust and particulate ingestion. It’s also rubber-mounted on a separate subframe to minimize vibration.
- 675cc Liquid-Cooled Engine: The liquid-cooled four-stroke single-cylinder has tons of torque and plenty of power. Fuel injection means it starts right up, even on cold days or at high altitude. And the Pioneer’s engine is rubber-mounted on a separate subframe to reduce vibration.
- Honda Automatic Transmission: A stout, heavy-duty torque converter with three hydraulic clutches and positive engine braking. It’s smart, too—it features a two-stage shift map to optimize power delivery through the engine's RPM range.
- 2WD/4WD Differential Lock: When you’re in 4WD mode, and you need to get the power to both front wheels, just push the knob to the right and the differential locks to maximize available traction.
- Adjustable Preload Rear Shocks: In addition to a fully independent rear suspension with 9.1 inches of travel, the rear shocks feature preload adjustability to handle the Pioneer 700-4’s generous load capabilities.
- Independent Double-Wishbone Front Suspension: Front independent double-wishbone suspension with dual rate springs offering an excellent 7.9 inches of travel contributing to all-day riding comfort.
- Front Disc Brakes: The Pioneer 700 features powerful triple disc brakes. On the two front 200mm brake discs, a patented scraper system helps prevent debris buildup between caliper and rim. An inboard-mounted rear 170mm brake disc saves weight and is better protected from rocks or other debris.
- Tight Turning Radius: The Pioneer 700-4 is maneuverable, as shown by its tight turning radius—a big help if you’re in tight, technical terrain.
- 2-3-4 Seating Configuration: The Pioneer 700-4 features the industry's first convertible rear seating design that offers the convenience and versatility of switching between two, three, or four person seating configurations, and provides full bed space and tilt function while in the two-person configuration.
- Occupant Protection Structure: We built the Pioneer 700-4’s Occupant Protection Structure around the rider and front-seat passenger, and positioned the seats so you're well protected. Built out of sturdy, large-diameter tubing, the Occupant Protection Structure includes such details as integrated handholds, recessed top tubes and a more spacious structure to enhance protection. It also meets OSHA's 1928.53 rollover protection standard.
- Contoured Bench Seat: The Pioneer 700-4’s two-passenger contoured bench seat provides lots of room and allows easy entry and exit.
- Double-Latch Doors: The Pioneer 700-4 comes with standard doors, featuring an automotive-style double latching system securing you and your passenger in while keeping out what nature throws at you.
- Side Nets: The Pioneer 700-4 comes standard with roll-up side nets, making cleaning and maintenance easier.
- Seatbelts: The Pioneer 700-4 features automotive-style three-point belts with an Emergency Locking Retractor mechanism to help keep you and your passenger safe and secure.
- 37.5 Watt Single-Filament Headlight: The Pioneer 700-4’s headlights have excellent balance and light-distribution, eliminating uneven light patterns and dark zones within their illumination lighting area.
- 450-Watt Power Capacity: The 450-watt alternator provides plenty of power for everyday use, but allows extra capacity for accessories Please consult the accessory instructions for specific power requirements.
- Tilt Bed: The Pioneer 700-4 is built to work, and to make your big jobs easier we’ve equipped it with a tilt bed featuring a powerful hydraulic-assist strut.
- 1,000-Pound Cargo Bed Capacity: SxS’s are built to hold stuff, and the Pioneer 700-4 is ready to get to work. The bed capacity can hold up to 1000 pounds.
- 1,500-Pound Towing Capacity: The Pioneer 700-4 has a heavy-duty two-inch receiver-style hitch and a 1500-pound towing capacity.
- Honda Tough, Honda Value: Featuring well thought-out details like a standard water-resistant glovebox door and patented strut system for the folding seats, this is a vehicle that gives you a lot more for your hard-earned dollar.
- Designed, Developed and Built in the USA.: The Pioneer 700-4 is built especially for the American market. Totally in tune with your wants and needs, designed at our own Ohio facility, and built in Timmonsville, South Carolina using locally and globally sourced parts.
- Engine Type: 675cc liquid-cooled OHV single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 102.0 mm x 82.6 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Induction: Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 40 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Full-transistorized with electronic advance
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Automotive-style with hydraulic torque converter, three forward gears and Reverse. Three drive modes include 2WD, 4WD and 4WD with differential lock
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 7.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 9.1 in. travel
- Front Brake: 200 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake: 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tires: 25 x 8-12
- Rear Tires: 25 x 10-12
- Length: 114.8 in.
- Width: 60.0 in.
- Height: 78.3 in.
- Wheelbase: 76.8 in.
- Bed Capacity: 1000 lb.
- Towing Capacity: 1500 lb.
- Ground Clearance: 10.5 in.
- Turning Radius: 14.8 ft.
- Curb Weight: 1396 lb.
- Fuel Capacity: 8.2 gal., including 1.2-gal. reserve
- Available Colors: Red, Metallic Blue
- Model Id: SXS700M4
- Duration: One Year
- Description: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- OHV single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 102.0 mm x 82.6 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 40 mm throttle body
- Full-transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Brakes
- 200 mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- 25 x 8-12
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Rear Brakes
- 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Tire
- 25 x 10-12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 1396 lb.
- 76.8 in.
- Front Travel
- 7.9 in.
- Rear Travel
- 9.1 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 10.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 8.2 gal., including 1.2-gal. reserve
- Box Capacity
- 1000 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 1500 lb.
- Automotive-style with hydraulic torque converter, three forward gears and Reverse. Three drive modes include 2WD, 4WD and 4WD with differential lock
- Drive System
- Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Red, Metallic Blue
- One Year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan