Inventory Unit Detail
2017 Honda Montesa Cota 300RR
In an age of electronic rider aids and MotoGP bikes that easily break 200 miles per hour, the Honda Montesa Cota 4RT260 and Cota 300RR Race Replica are a completely different way of experiencing the best of what motorcycling can offer. It’s a genius concept: Take Montesa’s legendary know-how when it comes to building world-championship trials bikes, combine that with a Honda engine, top it off with state-of-the-art suspension, and you get two of the best specialist motorcycles available in the world. Just ask trials rider Toni Bou, who used his Cota to win an incredible 20th World Championship (10 outdoor, 10 indoor), or Marc Freixa who won the AMA/NATC Moto Trials National Championship.
Check out these two great options: The Cota 4RT260 is a cutting-edge trials bike, the perfect combination of Honda’s engine technology and Montesa’s world-championship trials experience. Want to ride what the champions ride? Then check out the Cota 300RR Race Replica, with its 288cc engine. It’s even lighter than the feathery Cota 4RT260.
For 2017, both Cota models get some new color and graphic updates. Now both bikes also feature a longer kickstarter, so one-kick starts are the norm. And both offer twin ignition maps for varying course conditions. But no matter which Cota you choose, you’re getting one of the best pure trials bikes ever built—a marriage made in motorcycling heaven.
- Chassis: Both Cota models use an aluminum chassis with a gorgeous finish, showcasing the classic lines and the impeccable manufacturing quality. The Cota 300RR also features new, suppler settings for the Tech fork, similar to those used by factory riders. The muffler uses reinforced mounts, and the rear-brake pedal is shorter to avoid impacts and allow the rider more freedom of movement.
- PGM-FI Engines: Both Cota models feature fuel-injected power that’s easy to modulate, for the surgical power delivery so critical to trials riding. Specifically tuned for low-rpm response, they’re also extraordinarily flexible, with plenty of power and torque all the way through the rev range. A bigger cylinder bore and longer stroke means the Cota 300RR increases its displacement to 288cc, while the 4RT260 retains the reliable 260cc four-stroke engine. A high-pressure fuel pump helps give the engine a stronger power curve.
- Advanced Engineering: The Cotas’ Honda engines use battery-less digital ignition systems, and include a bank-angle sensor to switch off the ignition when the motorcycle is lying on the ground. The Cota 300RR also incorporates a magnetic kill switch.
- Brakes and Wheels: Both 2017 Montesa Cota models are equipped with a 4-piston monoblock front-brake caliper. Each Cota uses 32-spoke wheels. The rear wheel features an innovative system incorporating central-adjustment spokes for a significant weight reduction, and which also allows the Cota to fit tubeless tires. The Cota 300RR comes with premium Michelin X11 tires, laser-engraved hubs, and light DID aluminum rims.
- Dual-Map ECU: Does your course feature sections with poor traction, followed by sections with better grip? No problem—the 300RR and 4RT260 both feature a handlebar-mounted mode switch that lets you choose between two maps/modes to change engine power delivery. For 2017, the 300RR is even better, with new ECU mapping that improves engine response in the low and middle rpm ranges.
- Kickstart Lever: Now both Cota models feature a longer kickstart lever, helping ensure easy one-kick starts no matter where you are on the course.
- Premium Suspension: The Montesa Cota 4RT260 offers an adjustable 39mm TECH fork and R16V shock for the Pro-Link rear suspension. The Cota 300RR features a TECH fork with lightweight aluminum tubes and a Showa rear shock designed to improve handling, and overall feel.
- Three-Ring Piston: For 2017, the 300RR features a new three-ring piston for better sealing and improved durability. The piston is lighter too, and is designed with a flatter top, reducing vibration and making combustion more efficient at low rpm.
- Engine Type: 288cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke: 80.0 mm x 57.2 mm
- Induction: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) 28 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Electronically controlled digital transistorized
- Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
- Valve Train: Unicam®, 4 valves
- Transmission: Close-ratio 5-speed transmission
- Final Drive: #520 Chain, 10T/41T
- Front Suspension: 39 mm Tech telescopic fork with aluminum tubes; preload, compression damping and rebound damping adjustment, 6.6 in. stroke
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® system with Showa® shock; preload rebound damping adjustment; 6.7 in. stroke
- Front Brake: Single 185 mm hydraulic disc with 4-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
- Rear Brake: Single 150 mm hydraulic disc with 2-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
- Front Tire: 80/100-21 Michelin
- Rear Tire: 120/100-R18 Michelin
- Rake(Caster Angle): 23.0 deg.
- Wheelbase: 52.0 in.
- Trail: 63 mm (2.48 in.)
- Seat Height: 25.6 in.
- Curb Weight**: 162 lb.
- Fuel Capacity: 0.5 gal.
- Ground Clearance: 13.2 in.
- Model ID: MRT300H
- Available Colors: Red
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 80.0 mm x 57.2 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) 28 mm throttle body
- Electronically controlled digital transistorized
- Front Suspension
- 39 mm Tech telescopic fork with aluminum tubes; preload, compression damping and rebound damping adjustment, 6.6 in. stroke
- Front Brakes
- Single 185 mm hydraulic disc with 4-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
- Front Tire
- 80/100-21 Michelin
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® system with Showa® shock; preload rebound damping adjustment; 6.7 in. stroke
- Rear Brakes
- Single 150 mm hydraulic disc with 2-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
- Rear Tire
- 120/100-R18 Michelin
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 162 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 0.5 gal.
- 52.0 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 13.2 in.
- Seat Height
- 25.6 in.
- 2.48 in. (63 mm)
- 23.0 deg.
- Close-ratio 5-speed transmission
- Final Drive
- #520 Chain, 10T/41T