Inventory Unit Detail
2017 Honda NC700X
Way Ahead of the Curve. And the Pack.
On weekdays the NC700X is an awesome commuter. On weekends it’s a completely different animal. An explorer in the country and a devoted carver on twisty canyon roads. All made possible by the NC700X’s 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine offering a generous helping of useable torque, and the seating position for whatever adventure you have in mind.
The bike offers more than endless possibilities. It offers practically endless features. It sports a large windscreen for better weather protection, tough-looking bodywork, and a pentagonal muffler for a tighter look and a sound you’re bound to love. The luggage compartment holds a full 22 liters, and comes with a “utility rail” and a storage hook inside the lid. Available in two versions—the conventional six-speed, manual-clutch transmission remains one choice, while a second version is available with Honda’s exclusive automatic Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT). Even the tires are easy to service, thanks to “L”-shaped valve stems. All of these features add up to the most versatile option around, the NC700X.
670cc of Liquid-Cooled Possibilities: The NC700X’s 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine produces enough torque and enough power to guzzle up adventure. But it can sip, too—the standard transmission version has an estimated fuel economy of 64 MPG**.
Take in the View: The NC700X has a large windscreen that makes the cockpit comfortable over a wide range of speeds. And in the upright seating position you have a great view in traffic, making this bike even more appealing.
Integrated Storage Compartment: The NC700X offers an integrated storage compartment holding a full 22 liters. It features a storage hook and a utility rail, because we all ride with more than just a cell phone and a credit card.
Automatic Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT): Honda’s revolutionary Automatic DCT transmission is changing the way people ride. It’s smooth, smart and the clear choice for a machine like this. Want to shift it yourself? The handlebar-mounted paddle-style buttons put you in control. It’s the best of both worlds.
- 670cc Parallel-Twin Engine: With its cylinders tipped 62° forward for lower center of gravity, the NC700X's engine is a big step forward in modern powerplant design. The two-cylinder format produces tons of low- and mid-range torque, and the 270°-phase crank and uniaxial primary balancer make it smooth, too.
- Integrated Storage Compartment: The NC700X offers a 22-liter utility compartment—that’s big enough to hold most full-face helmets and then some. Safe, secure and convenient, you'll use it every time you ride.
- Steel Truss Frame: Light, strong and with just the right amount of stiffness, the NC700X's rigid and compact chassis is the foundation for precise handling.
- Pro-Link HMAS Rear Suspension: Offering 5.9 inches of rear-wheel travel and teamed with a Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) rear shock, the NC700X eats up the gnarliest pavement while giving you a smooth ride.
- 41mm Fork: With 5.4 inches of travel, the NC700X strikes a perfect balance between a long-distance and a short-hop street machine. This gives it a wide range of capability, good handling and helps inspire confidence.
- Cast Aluminum 17-inch Wheels: The 17-inch wheels give you a wide choice of premium tires to choose from and really help the NC700X offer responsive handling in turns. The cast wheels are light and strong too.
- Disc Brakes: Single front and rear disc brakes give the NC700X great stopping power. The DCT model comes with ABS brakes which are linked rear-to-front for stopping power, even under challenging conditions.
- Low-Profile Windscreen: The NC700X offers just the right amount of bodywork—enough to offer good wind protection, but not so much that the bike gets heavy or wide.
- LCD Instrument Panel: Full digital LCD instrumentation includes digital speedometer, digital bar-type tachometer, clock, low-fuel gauge and two trip meters. Plus, the tach bar graph changes color according to fuel consumption, RPM, gear position and more.
- Electronic Fuel Injection: Carbureted engines can be fussy when it comes to feeding them fuel. Not the NC700X. Electronic Fuel Injection means easy start-ups on cold mornings and flawless running even at high elevations.
- Optional Automatic Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT): Shift with the push of a button, or select the NC700X's automatic mode and the bike will shift itself and offers three modes in the “S” setting, depending on the kind of performance you want. DCT has been a huge hit on our other models, and once you ride an NC700X with DCT, you'll see why.
- Under-Seat 3.7-Gallon Fuel Tank: The under-seat 3.7-gallon fuel tank centralizes mass and enhances overall handling. Locating the fuel tank and filler underneath the passenger seat allows for innovative centralized storage where the fuel tank is normally placed.
- Engine Type: 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 73 mm x 80 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI, 36 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: Chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork, 5.4 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock; 5.9 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 320 mm disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 240 mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire: 120/70ZR17 radial
- Rear Tire: 160/60ZR17 radial
- Rake: 27.0 deg.
- Trail: 110.0 mm (4.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 60.6 in.
- Seat Height: 32.7 in.
- Curb Weight: 474 lb.. Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 64 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Model ID: NC700X
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Candy Red
- One Year: Transferable, Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Bore and Stroke
- 73 mm x 80 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI, 36 mm throttle body
- Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork, 5.4 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® single shock; 5.9 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 320 mm disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240 mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 160/60ZR17 radial
- 60.6 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.7 in.
- 27.0 deg.
- 110.0 mm (4.3 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal.
- 64 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 474 lb.
- Candy Red
- One Year Transferable, Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.